Hybris Corporate Finance with Aulab in the entering into Multiversity Group

Hybris Corporate Finance with Aulab in the entering into Multiversity Group - M&A - Mergers & Acquisitions

Aulab, an ed-tech company founded by Davide Neve and Giancarlo Valente, joins the Multiversity group, the leader in Italy in the e-learning and digital training market. The partnership took shape through the acquisition by Multiversity of 60.61% of Aulab, partly by taking over the shares belonging to seed investors and other minorities and partly through a capital increase. The founders will retain the remaining 39.39% of the shares and lead the company, with Davide Neve confirmed in the CEO role. 

Through the operation, the Multiversity consolidates its leadership in the world of e-learning and expands its skills in digital training: Aulab through the boot camp hackademy, an intensive 3-month course that allows you to acquire the skills necessary to start a career in web development, deals with training new highly sought after professionals on the market and with guiding them in the path of approaching work. With more than 1,400 trained students and a network of over 300 hiring partners, Aulab is set to become one of Italy's central tech talent communities. 

The deal will allow the Multiversity Group to expand its skills in digital training, a rapidly growing market with little supply. The demand for digitally skilled professionals is estimated at over 650,000 in the ICT sector in Europe and over 100,000 in the tech market in Italy. 

 The Aulab founders were assisted for the financial aspects by Hybris Corporate Finance with the global coordinator Nicolò Scoditti and by 74 Advisory with the partner Virgilio Picca, and for the contractual and legal matters by L2 Value with the partner Leopoldo Giannini. After the deal's closing, Nicolò Scoditti will join the Aulab Board of Directors. 

Multiversity was assisted for the legal and contractual aspects by Studio Sciumé, with a team of professionals coordinated by Pietro Sciumé. 

Aulab is a digital factory dedicated to the tech world, active in the training of IT figures through intensive programs/boot camps that take place both in the classroom and online; Aulab also operates in the conception, design, development, and marketing of websites, IT platforms and software applications and also offers co-working spaces. 

Multiversity, the leader in Italy in the e-learning market, manages three private online universities, Pegaso, Mercatorum, and Università Telematica San Raffaele Rome, a certification body, Certipass, and several academies, as well as an international higher education institution for lifelong learning based in Malta. In addition, it provides its services through a proprietary online platform that creates internally produced e-learning content.